How to Prepare Afang Soup – Best Method 2019
How to Prepare Afang Soup
Do you want to learn How to Prepare Afang Soup? But first What is an Afang Soup and what is it all about? Quickly, an afang soup is an African food that is one of the top-rated and patronize meal in Africa. Afang is best popularly known in West Africa, in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, and Cameroon. Thos leaves are commonly found in such countries and today all over the world, it is in very high demand.
Things Needed to Prepare Afang Soup
- Meat/Fish (Meat to be used can be chicken, goats, cow, pork, etc) – (Stockfish like Ekporoko and any other fish can be used)
- Pepper – Avoid using green pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- Garry or fufu
- Basin for turning garri
- Furnace/fire/burner for cooking etc
How to Cook Afang Soup
All the needed process on how to go about this has been provided below;
- Sauce your stock like fish and meat etc. This is the first thing to do before getting down to the below step
- Cut the afang into smaller sizes
- Cut your water leaf into smaller pieces too. If it is a watery type, do well to smash it to remove excess water from it.
- Pound it with mortar and pistol or grind it with a local grinder or Electric blender
- Add some onions into it; only if it is hard in nature and keep grinding till you get the desired results.
- Remove them and put them into a plate or a clean container and cover it.
- Set up your pot on the fire and empty the water from the sauce into it (You can put the stock too if it did not get you what you want like getting soft if the meat is still strong).
- Insert your water leaf into the pot in the process of the above step
- Cook it for some few minutes and
- Add all your ingredients alongside it and put it to taste.
- The afang leaf should be the last thing to come by. Before you put the pot down add your afang vegetable leaves and steam for 10 to 15 minutes before dropping it down.
NOTE: Afang vegetable soup can be eaten with garri, fufu, semofita, etc. Do not eat heavy food in the evening or at night, Medical practitioners will advise.
How to prepare Garri For Afang Vegetable Soup
- First of all, boil your water with your kettle or pot
- The second thing is to keep your container close to you
- Once the water reaches the 100% boiling point
- Put the water first into the container before putting the garri
- As you put the garri please observe so it does not get too strong or too soft
- If it turns out a bit soft, cover it and keep it for some few minutes before turning it
- If it is strong please add water on it. If your hot boiled water has finished please use cold water on it. But be sure that the garri does not stay till the next day.
That is all I can take on this for now
- calabar afang soup,
- how to cook afang soup with waterleaf,
- shoprite nigeria method on how to cook afang soup,
- how to prepare okazi soup,
- step by step on how to cook afang soup,
- how to prepare afang soup video,
- afang soup and pregnancy,
- how to cook afang soup with egusi,
That is so far we can go on How to Prepare Afang Soup. If you need The Complete Guide you can order from us. We have a video that will back you up. Purchase the Ebook and Course Video from us Now.